If you’re looking for a new look for your home’s exterior, siding gives you a way to add definition to your home. Luckily, you have several options to choose from. When deciding which siding is right for your home, it is important to not only consider looks but also the durability and versatility of the siding. Following are examples of popular house siding options and questions to help you start thinking about possible siding replacements.
If you’re looking for an affordable siding option that can protect your home, then vinyl siding is a great option to consider. Very little maintenance goes into managing your vinyl siding. Vinyl is very durable and only needs to be cleaned once per year. In addition to its low cost, vinyl siding is attractive due to its combination of durability, color options.
Pros of Vinyl
- Vinyl is a long-lasting material and is under warranty for 30-40 years after installation.
- There’s no limit to customization with vinyl. Pick from a wide range of colors, textures, and styles for a personalized design.
- Cleaning has never been simpler. All you need is a power washer and some water.
- Insulated vinyl can increase your home’s energy efficiency if you live in colder climates.
Stone is a true classic among siding. Known for its elegant style and durability, siding is an excellent option when considering a makeover. Stone siding comes in several availabilities.
Real Stone Siding
Incredibly durable and virtually maintenance free, natural solid stone siding is an excellent investment.
Faux or Manufactured Stone
Man-made stone looks just as good as natural stone, but it’s less expensive and easier to install.
The best of both worlds, stone veneers are real stone panels that offer maximum durability for a minimum price.
Not only is impenetrable by mother nature, it will literally last you a lifetime. Not only is it long-lasting, it requires little to no maintenance besides a power wash.
Brick siding has continued to be a popular option for homeowners. In addition to its aesthetically pleasing looks, brick siding offers outstanding benefits to your home. Brick siding is always a great option due to its low maintenance and the fact that it can last a lifetime. Explore the endless choices of color and style that come with traditional brick siding.
Pros of Brick
- Brick siding can easily last a lifetime.
- Brick siding is fire resistant.
- Brick siding lowers your homeowner’s insurance.
- Needs less cleaning done compared to other siding options.
Knowing the market and siding options along with your budget is essential to your home makeover. Don’t hesitate to consult a remodeling professional regarding any of your siding needs.